- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 4 pounds beef brisket: trimmed
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 bottle of JB’s Best Sweet & Smoky Barbecue Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine dry ingredients and season brisket on both sides with rub.
- Place brisket in roasting pan and roast uncovered for 1 hour.
- Add water to pan and lower to 300F.
- Cover pan tightly and cook for 3 hours until fork-tender.
- Trim the fat and slice meat thinly across the grain.
- Top with 1 bottle of warmed JB’s Best Sweet & Smoky Barbecue Sauce.